Tuesday 30 March 2010

Be All You Can Be - Read

I just carried out an interview with Drayton Bird (more on that soon) where I asked him his recommendations for books and authors to study.

One thing Drayton said is that you should not restrict your reading to only business books. You should also read for leisure. (I won't go too much into this as it's all on the interview.)

However, very soon afterwards I received an email from Ken McCarthy of the System Seminar.

In this email he said something which really resonated with me, and should with you, too, if you intend doing well in your business: Be all you can be. Read.

He points to a post on his blog entitled: Ten classic direct marketing books, where he lists his ten best books on the subject.


This was fantastic news to me as I'm always on the lookout for more material to sink my teeth into (if I was a vampire I'd be biting into books rather than necks).

Here's his list:

1. My Life in Advertising – Claude Hopkins
2. Tested Advertising Methods – John Caples (Fourth edition or earlier)
3. How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling – Frank Bettger
4. Scientific Advertising – Claude Hopkins
5. How to Write a Good Advertisement – Victor Schwab
6. My First Sixty Years in Advertising – Maxwell Sackheim
7. Secrets of Successful Direct Mail – Richard Benson
8. Breakthrough Advertising – Eugene Schwartz
9. The Robert Collier Letter Book – Robert Collier
10. Common Sense Direct and Digital Marketing – Drayton Bird

That's a good list.  I already have seven of them.

However, I think he missed one: How to write sales letters that sell by Drayton Bird which, in my opinion, is even better than The Robert Collier Letter Book.

Going too far, did you say?

Woah, give me a break and check it out yourself before getting the whip out.

Anyway, that is quite a comprehensive list and one you'd do well to take note of.
http://directanddigitalmarketing.com/thesystemseminar/

No comments:

Post a Comment