Wednesday 28 April 2010

What's With All The Guru Bashing?

There's a shed load of guru bashing on the internet with no end in sight. And it seems to be getting worse.

To be honest, I've even gotten swept along with it once or twice?

Why is it we love to bash the gurus? Because it's in people's nature to want others to fail.

Don't get me wrong, not everyone is like that.

Personally, while I may get swept into a little bashing myself once in a while, I do it because it is a little fun... isn't it?

However, I love it when people succeed. And when they do, I go out and get their product to see how they succeeded.

Of course, there was a time when I'd get the product and let it sit on the shelf, 'looking pretty'.

Not any more. I make use of everything I get. And it's showing in my work and business.

But I digress, yet again.

Okay, I'll just say it, like me or hate me for it...

Dudes... leave the gurus alone!

All they're doing is finding out what people want, and giving it to them. If you could make money doing the same, chances are you would.

They are giving you something you want, the way you want it and in the packaging you want it in. Now it's up to you to make use of it.

If you don't, and you feel you've wasted your money - and you want someone to blame - look in the mirror.

I've got quite a few packages sitting on my shelves, but I use them.

In fact, as I look at them now, here's a few of what I have:

  1. Dotcomsecrets - Russell Brunson

  2. The 7 figure code - Mike Filsaime

  3. Mass control - Frank Kern

  4. The copywriter protege program - Carl Galletti

  5. Stomping the search engines - Stompernet

  6. License to steal - John Carlton

  7. Stomper - Stompernet

  8. Internet marketing protege program - Terry Dean


Those are just a few of what I have.

I also have a ton of books and a load more audio and video courses. And I make use of them all the time. Even if it's to just dip into them for reference.

Have they been of any use to me? You bet they have. But it's only because I make use of them.

Every single book and course I have has served its purpose. But it's been up to me to make use of them to ensure the purposed is served.

Would they have been any use if I just left them on the shelves without making use of them. Heck no.

Would that have been the gurus' fault? It seems a lot of people like to think so.

Do I think it's been money well spent on all those courses? I wouldn't be sitting here writing this article if I didn't learn what to do and how to do it otherwise.

And yes, I like watching Fank Kern strutting his stuff on stage, cursing and blinding his way through his talks. I don't know about you, but I quite like the idea of being enterained while I'm learning, something Frank - and Drayton Bird - do very well. If I wanted boring lectures I'd go to university.

And yes, I like watching Mike Filsaime talking about Butterfly Marketing in his care sales-mansy way. If we all hate car sales-men so much, how come there's so many cars on the road?

And yes, I like watching Russell Brunson talking about his attempt to go to the Olympics to wrestle for his country. Want to know why? I'm a martial arts instructor myself and I enjoy things like that.

And I like watching John Carlton go into his story selling mode - my father was the same. He had a story for everything - not that he was a salesman.

(I have to say, John could have picked up a few things about copywriting from my father, as could plenty of others. I wish I had taken much more notice of what he used to say. These guys have no idea what life experience is compared him.)

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

Best,

Rezbi

No comments:

Post a Comment