Thursday 15 April 2010

Why Marketing Is Like Teenage Sex



"You know what marketing is like? It's like teenage sex. Everyone says they're doing it. Not many are. The ones that do, do it very badly..."

In October 2008 I went to my first ever seminar.

It was Ken McCarthy's System Intensive which he'd brought over to the U.K. for the first time.

I remember before Ken brought the System Intensive here I kept chasing him about it. I'm not saying it's because of me he finally acquiesced, but I like to think it is.

There is one thing I do know I definitely had a hand in, however, and that was to introduce Ken McCarthy and Drayton Bird to each other.

As a result of that introduction, Ken asked Drayton to speak at this seminar.

Now picture this:

I never wanted to go to any seminars because I always figured they'd be a waste of time and money.

With Ken's being the exception at the time.

Now I had the opportunity to attend his System Intensive, and meet my marketing mentor (he didn't know he was at the time) for the first time.

You see, I'd studied Drayton's work for the past couple of decades and never thought I'd get to meet him.

But here I was, communicating with him almost daily, via email, and introducing him to the pioneer of internet marketing.

And meeting both in person.

Anyway, after that long intro. I hope I haven't put you to sleep, because the best is in the videos.

This is the seminar I was at. Check them out and get a small taste of why he's been called "one of the top 50 individuals who’ve shaped today’s marketing"

Oh, and he's a really funny guy. You'll see what I mean.

Once you've finished watching them, zoom over to http://directanddigitalmarketing.com/draytonbirdcommonsense/ and get a load more free videos and articles

Best,
Rezbi

No comments:

Post a Comment